Thursday, January 8, 2015

CJC 2015 - Day 8 - First BAP!

A fellow member of the Cross Stitch Forum developed a cross stitch program to turn photos into cross stitch charts. I'm giving it a try with this photo of our beloved basset Otto that died last year on Easter Sunday.

It's going to be a huge project, a yard/meter wide and over 2 feet long and over 500K stitches. I think that's only fitting for Otto and although it will take years, there are a lot of sections of one colour, so I believe it's something I can accomplish. 

I'm stitching on 32 count sky blue Jobelan and I'll be using tent stitch. So far I've only used one colour, DMC 3371. I'll need 10 skeins of this colour per the chart, but with tent stitch it might only be 5. I only just thought of that now, so I've already purchased the 10 skeins. I'm sure I'll use them eventually! 


I'm gridding using the 6/4/6 method which seems easier for me. I only gridded the first page since my ultimate goal would be the top row this year, but my realistic goal is the first page. 

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch



7 comments:

  1. What a great chart and nice start.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo and will make a fabulous project with so much meaning for you. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope at least one page is realistic this year.

      Delete
  3. What a sweet picture. So sorry for the loss of your furbaby. They sure have a way of breaking our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but the healing has begun, and this will help. And I'd rather have had him in our lives than not. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh poor puppy. What a wonderful tribute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...