Friday, January 30, 2015

CJC Day 30 - Mabel Figworthy's Fancies Song of the Weather SAL

Today, the final day of my challenge, was supposed to be a WIP from 2011/2012, Abi Gurden's Tree of Stitches, but I can't find my thread or the pattern. I think it's saved on an old laptop somewhere, but I've decided to start something new instead of tracking it down right now. 

I really enjoyed stitching the first 4 parts of Mabel Figworthy's Fancies Song of the Weather SAL. It took place in 2013, but the rest of 2013 was taken up with a move and then the birth of our daughter, so I never did complete the full SAL. 

I decided to stitch all the designs from January through December on a baby afghan I have in my stash. I think this will be going to my Grandma as well, so I'll choose colours that she prefers. 

I started with February to see how I liked the placement on the afghan, and I'm using WDW perle 5 Peoria Purple. 



It's an 18 count afghan, and I should maybe be using perle 3 instead of 5, but 5 is what I have in my stash, so that will do. 

I'm aiming for colourful again instead of traditional white on white hardanger. The cutting will be tricky on an afghan, but I know some others who have managed it successfully, so I know it's possible!

Since this is the end of the Crazy January Challenge, I won't be posting as frequently, but I will try to post at least once a week. :)

Happy Stitching,


Tiffstitch


6 comments:

  1. Nice start Tiffany. Thank you for joining me in the stitch along.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting! It's a great idea to honour such a wonderful person.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on making it to the end of CJC, an amazing achievement in itself! I'm restarting SOTW too this year, determined to make it to the end this time lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Okay, we'll cheer each other on. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the color. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...