Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Top 5 Tuesdays: Top 5 Summer Foods

I can't believe what happened in Manchester last night. My heart goes out to everyone who suffered or lost someone. Take care of each other. 

TOP 5 SUMMER FOODS

Check out everyone's lists over at Kate's blog and see what we've all chosen as our top 5 foods. Maybe I shouldn't be writing this at lunchtime?

1. Ice Cream

Now that Ben & Jerry's has non dairy ice cream, this is so much more dangerous. A lot of non dairy ice cream isn't especially creamy or is so-so, this stuff is fantastic! Plus they have 3 other new flavours this year. So dangerous... 

2. Grilled food
This is kind of a broad category since you can have hamburgers, hot dogs, we had sausages 2 nights ago, vegetables, watermelon, eggplant, so many choices! 

3. Watermelon

All 3 of us really enjoy watermelon, so I'm sure there will be a lot of it this year. Plus it's supposed to be a hot summer, and watermelon is a great way to get cool and hydrated. 

4. Lemonade

Lemonade or limeade, are great summer drinks. I like to make it from home with maple syrup to sweeten instead of sugar so it's a little healthier as well. 

5. Smoothies

I feel like a lot of days last year it was too hot to eat anything, and it was fairly easy to whip up a relatively healthy smoothie for DH and I. DD always has a balanced meal, but sometimes we'll have a smoothie for our meal instead of actual food. It works surprisingly well on the really hot days. 

I hope you enjoyed the list. What are your favourite summer foods? 

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

16 comments:

  1. Icecream! No contest really, there are so many flavours and way to eat it.
    I also like watermelon. We had it a lot when we lived in Singapore but not much in the U.K. I was always disappointed when it said melon and it was the yellow stuff not watermelon!
    By the way, how do I find older posts on your blog now? There's no sidebar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Your whole list sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Icecream , without doubt. Sometimes, cold coffee. We have some Indian drink recipes with raw mangoes, mint etc which are sugarless and tasty as well. We rarely stock aerated drinks at home and my daughter doesn't complain much about it. We get ripe Mangoes of many varieties in summer and the nearby organic store stocks naturally ripened mangoes. Both my daughter and husband are Mango fans so Mango is almost everyday affair in summers:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooo - Ice cream......Ice cream.....mint chocolate chip for me :)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a yummy list Tiffany.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rocked the best Summer Foods!!!! This could be my list for real!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your lineup except for the watermelon:( I'm allergic to melons and so is my daughter. It's the weirdest thing! Ice cream, ohhhh! Anything with caramel works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watermelon, yes, that's so perfect on hot days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh great list! For me - Strawberries and cream, Pimms, Meringues, eating ice cream outdoors and tasty salads. The kids had watermelon with their breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Icecream! I love Ben & Jerry's, although we don't have a lot of the flavours here, and I've never seen the dairy free version. I personally don't like watermelon very much, so Strawberries are the summer fruit of my choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice on strawberries too! It was a close one, but definitely watermelon is available more throughout the summer here than strawberries.

      Delete
  11. What great suggestions for the hot weather ahead. Thanks for the tips and getting me to look ahead for some new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list. We're having grilled barbecued chicken for dinner tonight. I'm especially fond of cranberry limeades this summer. Your list pretty much covers my favorites. I also have been eating a lot of salads for lunch. Something lighter during the heat of the day sits better with my system.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could it be that my luck is rubbing off on you...because that TOTALLY sounds like a Keebs move!

    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...