Monday, June 13, 2016

Closer and Closer - the Weekend Wrap-up

I hope everyone had a good weekend! On the long drive to my in-laws I managed some stitching. And DD even had a short nap at their house which let me stitch a little bit more as well. There's still a fair bit to go before the finish and I hope I can manage it by Wednesday!

Here's where I finished off Saturday:

And the little extra I managed Sunday night after hockey:

I really needed to stitch even though it was late. I'm playing in a sort of low level league that has mostly players with little experience, but there are a few "ringers" (really great players) on every team. We have a couple and the other team last night had several. One was playing really dirty hockey, I'm not sure if I've ever played with someone that was so aggressive and dirty. She fired a shot at our goalie's head _after_ the whistle. That is a huge issue for me. The goalie might have been looking away since you know, the whistle had blown! Fortunately our goalie was paying attention. The worst part is I complained to the ref about it and he agreed you can't do that, but still didn't call a penalty or move the face-off to the other end of the ice... Grrrr

Hopefully I won't have to play her team again. There are only 2 games left and I'm not going to play in this league again, not because of that player, but because it's not a good fit for me. I look forward to maybe taking a break for a couple months before it starts back up in September/October. 

Thanks for listening to my rant, it's clearly still on my mind, but this should help me get over it. :) 

Wish me luck to finish by the end of Wednesday! It will be close!

Happy Stitching, 

Tiffstitch

5 comments:

  1. Lots and lots of good luck Tiffany. I know you can do it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have no problem finishing! You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been sincerely working on it and definitely it will be done very soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! Cheering for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you can finish - go Tiffany go! Players probably wouldn't play dirty if they got called on their nastiness - shame on the ref for not doing his job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...