Thursday, February 16, 2017

More Snow?? And SAL Update

We got hit with another snowstorm yesterday evening and through most of today. Another 8 inches fell at home giving me these photos this morning:
 up to the edge of my door, and I drive a Beetle, so not too low to the ground

 Our house and yard well covered. There are 3 steps up to that porch, not that you could tell now
the driveway trying to get out, those are my tracks from last night that are well filled in now

The skiers are pretty excited with all this snow, and I don't mind it. It was not a great ride into work this morning, but we need snow. The local lake was down several feet over the extremely hot summer and this should help it get back to where it needs to be. 

Plus, it's so pretty when it first snows!! I wish I could have taken time to get my good camera out, these are all with my cell phone. 

On to my Under-the-Sea restart:

I'm not too far along yet, but hopefully I'll be able to make some progress over the next few days. I was thinking that technically I could continue on with this next week since now it's started, it's a WIP.. right? ;) I have to stitch that shark, it's so cool!!

I hope you're all having good weeks and Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch

22 comments:

  1. Good stitching progress. Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All that snow. It's been years since we had a decent amount in my part of England. I think I have a bit of snow envy! You've made a great restart on Under the Sea Sal. Love the fabric you have chosen. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snow if I don't plan to get out :) Perfect excuse for some stitching time, methinks!!
    Love the fabric you're using for the Under the sea SAL. I'm so jealous, I really want to join this but have too much planned already. Great work on the octopus too. Well, now that you've teased us with the shark, you really have to keep stitching on that one so that we can admire your work!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to do the Under the Sea SAL too! But I have two monthly stitches planned for this year already and I want to get some more WIPS done.
    Enjoy the snow! I don't mind it if I don't have to go out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choice of fabric for your project. All that snow! Not for me....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the snow. We've only had one nice snow this year. So beautiful in your pics. The Under the Sea SAL looks great. Love the fabric color. I say keep at it. Then you'll be all caught up. The shark was a fun stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Better you than me on the snow, lol. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) we need it so it's okay, and it's pretty to look at too.

      Delete
  8. Great new start and I love the fabric color Tiffany. Love the snow pics.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it's worth sharing when there's so much. :)

      Delete
  9. Great new start. Can you send some snow to St. Moritz🎿⛷πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ’“

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great new start on a very exciting fabric colour. This looks really special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Gracious!! That snow is amazing. I LOVE your fabric for your Under The Sea restart! I can't wait to see your progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm almost done the octopus, so I'll post an update soon I hope.

      Delete
  12. Oh the snow looks beautiful, would you believe i have never seen snow in person. Great new start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely I do! I think a lot of my followers are from areas that don't get this kind of snow, so I'm happy to share how it looks when it's so pretty. :)

      Delete
  13. That's a ton of snow! I quite like snow, and since we don't get too much of it, the excitement usually doesn't wear off too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa, more snow?!? It does look lovely, though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So jealous! We've been teased with snow, but nothing yet. Now it's been in the 60-70's but they SAY maybe in March. We'll see about that!
    I've yet to join the SAL, but look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We've got storms and 70+ degree weather in February! I wish I had your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Freshly fallen snow is truly beautiful! But I'm happy to say that the snow here is finally gone. :) Today we had rain and I so would have liked to have stayed home in my stitching chair.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a lot of snowfall, it does look pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...